Monday, January 09, 2006

Why me?

Ok feeling rather pathetic and not so lucky right about now. I should feel lucky to have kid like Perry right? I mean he's not your average kid, he's funny, cute, charming witty, loving, and creative. But, to me on many day's he's EXHAUSTING. My friends who know me well will tell you I am the most patient person they know. I once waited patiently for 45 minutes for chicken wings at BW-3's only to find out they lost my order when I finally went and asked about it. And even then I didn't flip out I just waited another 20 minutes for my order. Very patient. Having a kid who never responds to you when you speak to him, I mean never, can be amazingly exhausting. Having a kid who is 8 and you can't just say go take a shower and he does.....wow....exhausting. Having a child you have to remind to take a bite of his food every 5 minutes, until you just give up and feed him so he can just go do whatever is more important than eating, unless he's eating a pop-tart......can make a girl a bit nutty. I am hoping in the long run that him participating in a team sport pays off in some way because right now it is hard to watch him practice. He has no idea what's going on. He doesn't look lost he falls into line when the coach tells him where he needs to be, however he hasn't any idea what he's doing. The first half of practice he was actually dribbling the ball and not slapping it, he was actually making a effort to shoot properly. The dribbling was huge, since I thought he'd never get it. But then something snapped halfway through practice. And he decided he needed to be clueless, they decided to play 4 on 4 at the end of practice and literally the kids were playing around him. The poor kid who had to guard him just guarded him where ever he was, which was not even in the game, he wasn't even looking at the ball. He was in some crazy cartoon Perryland.....which is where he is often. DRIVES ME INSANE. Ok this is my bad parent post of the month. I'm just keeping it real folks, it's hard being Perry's mom. Now onto something cute. Kids know him everywhere we go. In the neighborhood, he's quite the man on campus apparently, could be he's the only Perry in his whole school, and because of his attention issues, they probably hear his name a lot. But it's so cute to be at walgreens or Kroger and some kid with their mom will go "hey that's Perry...and they'll go hey Perry...and wave."

Guilty pleasure: The new Bachelor is hot....why do I watch this trash? I love watching desperate women fight over a hot doctor.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

Sorry you're feeling stressed, Jodi. It doesn't help that Ron is gone in the evening so you have to deal with it all alone after a long boring tiring day at work. For the first 8 or so years of Colin's life I was pretty much a single mom in the evenings, and that was a very hard time for both of us. Meds fading, tempers rising...Although you may ask "Why me?", I invite you to my class with 32 special needs or at-risk preschoolers and you'll be thanking God daily for your quazi-normal kid: I do! Perry is very blessed to have 2 parents who love him and care for his well being. That's NOT a given in this world, unfortunately.