Monday, August 22, 2005

Truly a Puzzle

Nemo Cellphone: $5.00
Shirt from Jc Penny's: 2 for 14
size 2 shorts form Steve and
Berry's (sized wierd): $5.00
Brand new size 13 Sketchers:
Way too much!
Gap hat: 2.50
Starwars Underwear: 6.99 3pack
Playing back to school dress-up
with a reluctant 8 year old.......
PRICELESS


And along with the Spirit,a voice:"This is my Son,chosen and
marked by my love,delight of my life."
Matthew 3:17 (Message Bible)
Wow you people are good! No crazy acronyms and I was in no way intimidated. (I think IEP was used, but ha ha I know that one!) Either I got the hang of this, or it was a God thing probably a combination of both! The good news is (well it is for me) he qualifies for special ed. I guess this would not be good news to some parents, but it's good news if it means Perry will get the extra help he needs to learn. I doubt he'll be scarred for life, he's excited he gets to be in 2 classrooms instead of 1, and have more than one teacher. It's all in the presentation. Goal right now is to convince him that he's smart. Right now he'll tell you that he's not smart, no matter how many times I try to convince him that he is smart. It breaks my heart to hear him say that outloud. Because I know he's smart, but someone has told him otherwise. (don't let me find you!) Perry is definately a puzzle, very difficult to figure out what works for him, you can tell he's learning but to figure out how it's getting in there is exhausting, he can't be tested like other kids, he just won't sit for it. And his attention span is about 2 seconds on a good day possibly 5 seconds. Thanks for all your prayers, it totally worked. I'll add you to the list of people Perry should thank when he's a rich and famous artist!

No comments: