Thursday, August 18, 2005

Crazy...maybe!

Why is it I don't feel like doing anything until midnight. All the sudden I have all this energy like I got all the time in the world and I don't have to get up at like 6:30 am, realistically that is what time I should get up and get moving. But it rarely if ever happens. Little experiment going on here. Perry has a new alarm clock, it has sounds to fall to sleep to, and the past 2 night he's been falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean. Hummm....good then I don't have to hear disney tunes, or veggie tunes as he falls asleep, and oddly it's worked he's stayed in bed, must be soothing. Then the alarm clock has waking up options also. A buzzer, Birds, and a rooster. He doesn't get up to birds, he just listens to them, but the rooster however has another effect, I heard the rooster going off so went to see what his response was cause it wasn't getting turned off.....he was curlled up with his hands over his ears real tight. LOL.....yeah he wasn't digging the rooster. So next week we add the pressure of getting dressed immediately after the alarm goes off to prepare him for school which starts on wednesday....yippee....lots of good school news already. God seems to be listening too me. His teacher is someone my mom has known for many years from church. And he's not changing rooms, he'll be in the same classroom he was in last year. So theres not the added stress of finding his class he already knows where it is. Awesome. Our first intervention meeting is Monday, and a special ed teacher is scheduled to be there so that sounds promising. Truth is, I am praying he gets the help he needs, I know his little brain can handle and learn the stuff they are throwing at him, he just needs to learn to focus and take in all they throw at him. Come out of the world of Perry and be present mentally at school just for those 6 hours, and hopefully he won't have a ton of homework and he can go back to Perryland while he's at home. Heres to a less stressful, less work for me at home school year.

Video: Nickel Creek~ This Side
Love this song, love this group. This was one of my all time favorite concerts. Ron and I went and had Perry with us. We rode down to tall stacks with Perry on the Metro, just to see them. Perry fell asleep and Ron just carried him around, we laid on the grass by the river listening to them, then went and got right in the middle of the crowd durring a really fun song, Ron carrying a sleeping kid and me dancing around. So fun! If you don't know them you should check them out, a really great band!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Spammers suck. I can't believe they actually are spamming blog comments and trackback pings now. Be sure to report it as spam and ban 'em.

M1 starts school the same day the P-Man does. May the Force be with you!