Thursday, August 04, 2005

TBN....

Don't ask me why I was watching TBN last night, but I was. Channel surfing. There was the blonde chic, I've seen her before, she's got a very evangelistic way of preaching, kind of a yeller, but very good at what she does. Kirk Franklin was on there, he likes to get loud too...there was some other bishops there as well, rather interesting. Something they said that was very true.....She said "Faith graduates to trust." Very interesting, you can not trust if you don't have faith. Not to mention without faith it's impossible to agree with God. Very true, I find that when I am doubting God, it's when my faith is the weakest. Very hard to trust what you do not believe.

I found that to be rather profound. Missed church last weekend, first time all summer really since June anyways. Am really feeling disconnected this week. But the good thing is Alpha starts next month so then I'll feel like I am doing something to advance the kingdom. Although, I feel I help to advance the kingdom in my everyday life just the way I live or at least try to live anyways. "Advance the kingdom", who says that anyways? Did I just make that up? Where the heck did it come from? Not sure how else to put it, maybe sharing God's love in a practical way? Geez as if that's not been said before! LOL......Oh well it's who I am, and it's what I do Anyways Psalms 35 is a good one for this topic. Oh yeah and the video.....geez sure makes you appreciate you life don't it? Makes me want to hop a plane, and head off into the field to love some folks in another land. Someday people, that'll be me I promise. I just hope the works not done by the time I am able. I am sure Jesus will hold off showing up till I get a chance to show some love in a foreign land he knows I want to. That don't mean you all should just go buck wild cause Jesus ain't coming back soon, you still need to be livin' right.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Finally figured out I should be watching the video you have at the top of your site--what a neat one!

I'm getting ready to show some love when Target does its back-to-school clearance. Colored pencils and paper for every kid in Iraq and Afghanistan is my goal. :)

Been doing some Soldiers' Angels work and it feels so good!

Hope you enjoy your weekend...thinking about you!