Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Public Service Announcement....


This is not to scare anyone off. But because I know who I am, and I like to keep it real, theres a very good chance that I will be talking quite a lot about Nigeria, for the next several months, possibly years, you never know. Specifically Jos, Nigeria. Just keeping it real folks. I'm sorry what's that?.....oh you need a visual...? Ok...There ya go...theres Jos, in Nigeria, which is the country, located in the continent of Africa. Yes I know, I am also geographically challenged, and I too had to figure it all out as well. I got it now. Jos is like a state. So why you ask? Well I'll tell ya, because I have a heart for missions, and I love my church, and my church finally has a world missional purpose. God told me a few years ago, after taking a perspectives course, to "stay and pray", so here I am staying and praying. For Jos, Nigeria. I finally have a continent/Country/state to focus my prayers on. And it's a very cool thing. Do I think I'll always be "staying and praying"? The answer to that question is heck no, because I have a burning passionate desire to go and do when the time is right. Ok so what is it that we're praying for Jos, Nigeria for? I could write a whole bunch of stuff right here, but the Vineyard was kind enough to do that for me, so go there and see what it is I'm talking about. What are my prayer requests in general besides the top 3 listed on the link? Um how about more people for my team, which consists of....ME....my thoughts are since the message on sunday was about this project, people are generally scrambling to go and do, with the quickness, and they ain't ready for that yet. Honestly it would make good sense to cover the land in prayer before sending folks over there with a rig to drill some holes, otherwise they'll drill some wholes and get no water. So to cover the land in prayer we need more prayer warriors to do that job. Intercessors with a heart for world missions, which could generally be anyone but those who like to hear from God would be ideal. Other prayer request that I feel the need to put out there is some administrative help for Kande, this Nigeria project is about to blow up, and her team is already stretched to capacity, so praying for a smart, organized person to help a sister out. Which ain't me, so don't you people get any ideas, my plate is FULL! Plus I'm about as disorganized as they come, and I hate administration crap, of which I do it all day long and I don't like it when I'm doing it. Nuff said, God send someone her way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be on the prayer team with you. Also, I plan on going to Nigeria when the time comes.

Jodi said...

Woohoo...a team member! I'd like to go, but that's subject to God telling me to. I haven't heard that from him yet.