Sunday, February 25, 2007

Amazing Weekend....

This weekend kicked off me being busy for the next month straight. A whole lot of Good God stuff went on. The kind of God stuff that makes you feel good, and that you are heading in the right direction. Went to the Beth Moore simulcast.....ok baptists in general no offense make me uncomfortable, because they are in your face kind of people, as in yelling in your face kind of people. Beth I believe is a baptist. She is an in your face kind of person, but the difference is she backs it up with an incredible amount of biblical knowledge, you can't help but be intrigued....not to mention she has a huge heart. She has a huge following, but when she says she's been praying for you, I believe it. You can't fake that kind of genuineness. Her simulcast was based on her book Get out of that Pit. During the talk, my mind drifted to others I know who are in a pit and they know it, or some that tend to hang out in a pit and are in denial that they are there. I am not currently in a pit, but have been in the past. I tend to not hang out in the pit for very long, God seems to have always had me on a short leash. Pit or no pit......her talk was flippin amazing, reminding me of my purpose and that God has cool stuff in store for me without a doubt. Some of which I feel is going to happen in the very near future. I can't explain it, I just got that feeling.

The part of the Luke 4 challenge that resonates with me was spoke about in church today. I really felt God speaking to me during the message today, couldn't hear what he was saying, but there was something about the presence, that felt familiar and right. Water just seems like a simple thing for us. Yet in Nigeria, it's the very thing that causes the death and dying. We so take our water for granted. Even our bad tap water....won't kill us. So then going to the All team Nigeria meeting was super cool. Even though I was the only prayer person there....(which was slightly overwhelming)....It was amazingly cool to hear from all the different teams that will make drilling wells happen, so that Nigeria can have clean water. As they are talking about the different aspects of what needs to happen.....knowing all this info is for me to know how to pray....theres a little part of me that is screaming I WANT TO GO....get dirty and help dig a freakin well....to see the people we are doing this for to meet and greet the children and to see their faces as we share the love of Jesus in a practicle way. So maybe someday....God reminds me.....focus...stay and pray...someday you will Go and do....wish it was now...but it's not...Ok God I hear ya. So I mentioned todays message was good stuff....and Bono was mentioned....he keeps popping up in my life. They played an off the hook Bono interview clip at the end of the message. The whole thing is good but if you want to see just the Bono part which will say all that needs to be said....go here. Click on this weeks video and for the Bono part fast forward to 1:01.43.....seriously go do that, you won't be sorry....amazing stuff. According to Bono when asked what the best part of the Lords prayer to him is...he said...."...thy kingdom come, they will be done on earth as it is in heaven...." Our purpose as christians is to bring heaven to earth...I want to be a part of that.
"What can I give back to God for the blessings you poured out on me? I lift high the cup of salvation. It is a toast to our father. I'll follow through on the promise I made to you hear my heart." Psalms 116

3 comments:

Layni said...

Word. Word. Testify my sista!

Stacie said...

Well, we already know my personal opinions on Bono, don't we? ;) (I'll be watching that concert again, in Italian, next time it's on... you're very much invited!)

Regarding "thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven..."? I've actually heard of people who are opposed to the literal view of that and feel like we're only called to win souls, have successful alter calls and bide our time until Christ returns. There's an interesting post about it on this blog: Kingdom Now (scroll down to the January 22 entry!)

Heather said...

SO glad you enjoyed the simulcast!!