Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day Jackass....

Well talk about controversal! Ha! That's what I said to my husband of 15 years as he was going to bed. We like to keep real at the Sexton household. We are not big fans of Valentines day....Hallmarks made up holiday to make a buck or 2. They didn't make a single red cent off of me. Heck no. Last year yes, I purchased the childs valentines cards....as much as it hurt I did. The year before we made them as you see here on the right those are Valentine Cards 2005....gotta...love the notorious random fish stamp for Valentines day! This year I let the kid go buck wild with some rubber....(that's rubber stamps).....with a little help from me obviously, can't let him go too crazy, I am quite protective of the rubber. I even thought him how to properly clean a rubber stamp. Using the cleaner and the scrubby thing. It was a moment....and he loved it. So without further adu....

Here is this years valentines. I scanned some of the fronts and backs. Now when we did the tiny paper bag ones, witht he book marks, I did almost all the stamping, and he wrote all the names that was when he only had to do like 22, and that year I made a nice little paperbag book for his teacher to put her valentines in. Sorry to say not a whole lot of love for the teachers this year......dude we stamped 45 valentines......he has 2 class's 2 teachers, 2 teachers aids.....so we devoted all our time to making our valentines super fancy. He even did the names fancy. Complete with a small drawing for each kid. I asked him at first do you want me to do some of the names and he insisted he was going to do them all....Until he got through half of his first list....he had made me go away so he could concentrate, and he came into my scrap studio where I was doing laundry...(doesn't everyone do laundry in their scrap studio?) and said "Mommy I need a break my hand is getting all cramped from writing so many names fancy." So I said you want me do do the other list? He said yes, and I helped with the other list too, but he made me write fancy like him. And I had to draw pictures.....GOOD LORD! Yes we did use a Sock Monkey stamp with a stamp that says monkey love....when else would we use a stamp like that but for Valentines day?
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jodi:

I have been looking for that sock monkey stamp for a long time. Can you tell me the company that makes it. Loved your idea for "monkey love: for Valentine's Day. I know your little guy must have worked very hard, and it probably wasn't appreciated. Thanks. Lynne