Thursday, May 11, 2006

Your Song....

So I went to the WC tonight and I don't mean the water closet. I went to the Womens Community Meeting tonight, they've been doing it monthly since September and finally I got to go. It was nice and the women leading worship Julie, could seriously sing. She also gave her testimony that was significantly moving. And shared that in her time of despare instead of getting wasted (like she wanted to) or getting pissed off, or just wanting to die....although she had all those feelings in a matter of minutes, she chose to worship. Not call up you best friend and vent, or trash the person who had wronged her. She chose to cry out and cling to God. Alone just her and him. This is not a new concept to me, but I don't think I've ever heard it verbalized. Like someone actually saying it now gives me permission to do that, although I think I have before. She said the song for her that she cried out to God (rather elequently I might add, with some amazing power) was "Bless the Lord, oh my soul" You know the one that goes....."Bless the Lord oh my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name....." Very nice....try it with your eyes closed, and completely focused on God. Except that ain't my song, my song that I sing in those moments when I am crying out to God (thankfully it's not been recently) is "I surrender all...." That one works for me, and yes I have had times on my face before God crying out, because I didn't know what else to do. "All to Jesus I surrender, all to him I freely give, I will ever love and trust him in his pressence, daily live....I surrender all, I surrender all, all to thee my blessed savior, I surrender all...." Do you have a song? If so what is it, leave comments I know you people read this thing! We won't discuss my pissed off song....you know the one.....by Limp Bizkit? I never said I didn't have a scary side! Thank God I know more God songs to cleans me after a good round of Limp Bizkit!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I have several -- it really depends on what brings me to sing my song... "I Surrender All" (it's a popular one -- It's also Oprah's song!); "All I have to be"; "Great is Thy Faithfulness"; "In the Calm" and most recently "Beautiful One." It's interesting that all of these songs are tried and true old standards except "Beautiful One."