Tuesday, October 04, 2005

No Seriously......

Whose trying to be funny. It's self portrait tuesday, thought I'd sign up for this gig. Because I love to do stuff on Tuesdays. If I could schedule everything to happen on Tuesdays that would be great, because theres just not enough stuff to do on Tuesday. So lets just add to the things we already do on Tuesdays, and self portrait session shall we?
So there it is. Me on a Tuesday, at the end of her DAY FROM HELL! Thought it was smooth sailing once I got to Alpha, and was reassured that the Alpha folks had been praying for me. Wondered why I hadn't completely lost it yet, since things seemed to be going as if I should be stressed, yet I wasn't feeling it. Well that's because folks were praying Duh! Just cause I wasn't handing my stuff over to God (cause I got this remember?) doesn't mean everyone else was for me. Here I am trying to lead people to find the right answers about God, leading them to a healthy spiritual life, and I am suppose to be setting a good example, and I am completely failing at spirituallity 101. Completely distancing myself from God, and not being purposeful with my walk and spending time chatting with the big dude whose obviously making things easy on me and less stressful. Wow what a freakin reality check tonight was. I may have gotten more out of the Prayer talk than the people at my table. I was honest though, so at least they know I'm human. Ok so heres a rundown of the crazy crazy day!

Work half day
Pick P up 1 hour early from school
head to the super cool psychologists office
On time and happy about that.
Get halfway down the road that goes to his office.
Police, yellow crime scene tape, can't get there from this direction
No receptionist at his office
call the other office they can't help me cause they ain't there.
leave message for the doctor, going to be late, police ect....
try another direction
get lost cause I am directionally challenged.
Perry a little concerned that the Police won't let him see the doctor he enjoys
End up making a big 10 mile circle, Police still there, try again.
This time I find it, Perry screams with delight with a raspberry for the police who tried to keep him from his appointment, that now only has 30 min left.
Get to the office and wait....wait somemore, because...no receptionist...and signs saying do not go past this point because of confidentiality blah blah blah....so we wait....
by the time Doc actually heard us out there, we only had 10 min left. Of which Mr. Super cool Doctor we love made those 10 min. quality, so still happy even if I had to pay a co-pay for 10 min.
Head to Meijer for a quick trip to pick up some cool gummy ear buds for my ipod, love them, wanted pink to match but all they had was black, it's all good. The cord is kind of pink. I think this selfish act was when things began to go very bad.
Meet mom at my house for her to take me to get my car that was being serviced, a routine 100 dollar tune up....(barf)....She drops me off, then I head to Alpha.
Is anyone else exhausted yet??? ME!
Alpha so so good, encouraged that folks were praying for me, talk on prayer, table went well folks shared their hearts good stuff. Mom suppose to drop Perry off at church after cubscouts, so after meeting see the junior helper who usually has him, but no Perry, and she's not seen him. Slight panic.
Ok no after alpha meeting for Jodi, must find son.
Head to childcare area, no Perry, and they hadn't seen him all night, he never show'd. What?
I had precise plans of how things were to happen, very easy, everything was communicted properly. Call my house, home phone not working line trouble....NOT....good. Geegaws should have cellphones. Call brothers house, get sister in law all worked up and worried, I was a little concerned, and getting a little anxious, but not yet freaking out, she's an instant freaker outter, always a good balance for us laid back folks, good thing she married my brother also pretty laid back, but me more so than him. So at least someone was paniced, since clearly I was not yet....called best friend, got her to head to house she lives close, to see if Geegaw just forgot?? BINGO, she didn't forget, she was just delayed by a longer than usual Den meeting. And was now waiting for me to come home, but couldn't call from my phone (line trouble remember). So best friend gets to the house, Geegaws getting in her van, and best friends like "mom where ya going?" To which she responds in a frantic response to church to drop off Perry....I'm now going to be late for work. She then asks, Mom where ya been? To which Mom responds......
"the police station..." Screeching tire sound effect, best friend schrieks in horror.....ahhhhh...what happened, OMG is everything ok. Because she didn't remember the fact that I told her the cub scouts were visiting the police station tonight.....Mom said...."cubscouts".....LOL Oh that's right. Best friend took P with her, and I head home, Geegaw headed to work. I get home phone still not working. Talk on cellphone to husband with a run down of the chaos that is my life. Problem is I'd have this drama whether he was here or not, theres just the added bonus that he ain't here. Talk to best friend, cellphone now goes dead.....telecommuncation devices are no longer my friend at this point, any moment now the computers going to fizzle out, I can feel it. Check e-mail and theres a e-mail in regards to the part-time God job.....more stress to think about, how about we get that on Tuesday too. It's the job description of all the responsibilities, which is a huge list to be accomplished as a part-time position......ahhhhh.....are they my gifts? Must pray about that, many many are, but am I up for a non-boring demanding job, when I've been doing boring not stressful for 10 years now? Wonder what God's thinking? I may need to pray, and more importantly quiet myself and listen. I am sure this is probably the longest blog entry to date. HECK IT'S TUESDAY WOULD YOU EXPECT ANYTHING LESS?
Yes yes, there is something rather disturbing about this, and the fact that I own this pen. It says like 6 different phrases all of which make me smile and laugh with delight, and that's all that matters.
I shall declare Tuesday, "do too much day"! Anyone care to join me? I wouldn't advise it to those who don't have folks praying about your stress levels. Thanks to the folks who stepped up to the challenge of stress this evening. Layni, my best friend, retrieving my child, Sister in law, freaking out and panicing when I should have been but was not, I am sure theres a purpose for that. Brother for checking mom's house, in a timely manner, probably because your wife was freaking out, response time was amazing you should be a police officer. And to Geegaw who seems to be completely oblivious to her children freaking out about her whereabouts and still got to work on time. Theres a lot to be said for punctuallity of that nature and on a TUESDAY no less!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I hear you! Somehow I end up with all my days resembling that one. Although, my fantasy is that my mom will come get the kids & I will be unable to contact them...I know all would be well, but I like the idea of them being somewhere else and the quiet that would mean for this house...ahhhhhh...

Stacie said...

Holy crap. I need a nap after reading that.

Email me when you get a chance.

Cyndi said...

Wow, I am tired just reading that! I was part of that police chaos for scouts! But you didn't mention that Perry and GeeGaw got to ride in a freakin' long limo to and from the very lengthy field trip to the police station! And if the battery in my camera hadn't died I would have a picture to prove it! Your Tuesdays sound like mine...glad to know I am not the only one who runs around like a be-headed chicken!