Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It's Tuesday.....

Ok the do too much day is shifting to Thursday this week. Sorry for the late notice, alot went on today, but most of it shifted to my mama....thanks Mom.....Man thanks everyone for your prayers it's been overwhelming how many folks got my back, you guys are truly amazing. Now can you shift all the prayer doing to my kid. He's having a tough time at school. Kids don't get him because socially he misses cues that most kids would pick up on. Theres a couple kids who get him and just accept him for being Perry, but I'm not even completely sure that he even kicks it with them often. He says he does, but you never know if he's just talking to you to get you to stop asking questions or if he's really telling you the truth. So frustrating. I just don't want folks to pick on him. So we go to the psychiatrist and maybe do some med adjusting. Wish medication wasn't the answer, but the alternative is way way way worse. My prayer is that switching won't have to happen and just an increase would do the trick and help him focus. Or that his teachers would find something that would help him. And that his teachers would "get" him. So so so important. It'd be so easy to view him as a disruption, and just get frustrated and just let him do whatever to keep him quiet and happy. Or that they would be gentle, patient and persistant, and draw him out of Perryland into the land of learning. Ah yes....wouldn't hat be nice. Can we just stay there for a little while?

Ok I knew I wasn't the only one who LOVES Greys Anatomy. I so need Tivo so I can watch these amazing scenes over and over. Check out Heathers blog.....She does a far better job descibing why this show is so good than I could ever. Yes the closing scene is what awesome TV shows are made of. And Yes if I need a major organ removed, can it be Patrick Dempsey who does the cutting? Thanks that'd be great!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Dr. Burke...turtleneck...that's all you need to know! LOL

Stacie said...

This is late, we got home last night.

Regarding prayers for Perry and such... our experience at Children's was good. Very good. It's nice to have someone else checking our your kid and acknowledging - AND CARING - that something is up and trying to help you figure out how to help. The next two weeks waiting for the diagnosis appointment will be hard after those three days feeling like someone else was in control of figuring out what's up (with Liam, I mean).

Hang in there. Oh, and I've never seen Gray's Anatomy but would if I had the time. Looks interesting and have heard good things. And Patrick Dempsy is pretty hot.