Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Confessions of a shopaholic who is fasting.....

So what does one do when they are not eating during their lunch hour?? Shop...duh...I'm a shopaholic! For some reason I was thinking when one fasts for spiritual reasons, they shouldn't talk about it. Which is true to an extent, since it is between me and God. But it seems that when I share it with some the why, most understand, and get it, and it has an effect on them in a profound way. Or they are secretly talking about what nut I am behind my back. Whatever that's where the "between me and God" comes in. So why fast? At first there was just one reason, and then as I felt confirmation that fasting was the right thing to do, several other reasons fell into place. It's just a 3 day fast. I say just like it's been easy. Ha Ha....clarity yes, easy not so much. Free lunch at the workplace today to roll out the new vision. Lasagna....right.....gotta go shop, so I headed to Haps. I do feel hungry right now, it's been almost 24 hours, but it's not unbearable. It's completely doable. I've been drinking V8 splash, OJ and water. I did take a few tylenol, cause I have a headache and I had some gum, cause ones mouth gets rather funky when no food is put in it. It may seem wierd but I find myself praying with clarity and more purposeful, I feel like I know more what to say to God. They say when no food is consumed toxins leave your body. Very true. You seem to be very intune to what God is saying when you fast. Full report on how I am feeling tomorrow. And any suggestions what my first food consumption should be on Friday at midnight may be rewarded.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Um... I was at Hap's on Wednesday. Seriously. For only a few minutes (what the crap did you buy? They didn't have much of anything). Was also horribly sick and week was crazy hectic.