Saturday, September 10, 2005

Set up to be bummed out!

Ok so maybe I am trying for too much that is just not attainable for me? Maybe I am hangin out with the wrong scrappin peeps? I mean I feel like I got skills, maybe not HOF (hall of fame) skills, tried that way too many times at some point you gotta just say "You don't got it!" So thought I'd try for a design team gig, not a super big website, with super famous folks hangin out, but moderately popular, with varying skilled scrappers and the design team is great with varying styles as well. Thought it was attainable, for me to at least make 1 round. Ok so maybe I thought it was attainable out of 50 scrappers, but 150 entered....WHAT THE? Yeah my 8.5 x 11 tiny pages were completely lost in the sea of 12 x 12 scrappers. It was completely anonymous so it was fairly bias, but that doesn't mean the designers voting weren't all looking for the same thing. For the most part, people who make it through on these things are pretty trendy scrappers, and granted they need that cause that's what sells the stuff. So I guess I am glad, I didn't abandon my style to do trendy stuff to make it in. Nor would I ever, so therefor, guess I won't make it on any design team. Unless they are looking for an eclectic, artsy fartsy, occasionally trendy style. Oh and only 8.5 x 11, maybe sometimes smaller for a gift....or an art journal. Or maybe a mail art designer....anyone looking for that kind of designer? Ok whatever.....PMS....and not making an audition round....REALLY bad mix. Last week I would have been so over the whole thing in like 2 hours. It would just be really cool to be on just 1 design team, I'm not asking for a whole bunch, just one that I give a rip about. Not just someplace I'll show up and do a little chatter for the soul purpose of getting a hook up. Ok I'm done officially over that.....sorry if I offended anyone, but if you were coming here and expecting me to NOT be honest you came to the wrong blog!

In other news, I sent in my resume for a part-time job at VCC. Ron is saying no we can't afford it. I am saying if the pay is reasonable, and it's something that God wants me to do, well then God will hook me up. Part time as in not another job but my only job. May not be for me, but that's up to God to make perfectly clear, he's good at that. Sure I questioned it about a million times whether to even try, and everyone I spoke to for advice without even taking a breath or thinking they'd say GO FOR IT! I'll keep you posted. It may be Gods desire to have my brain sucked out through my ear, while processing policy changes for the rest of my life. But hey I'll be a witness for him in the corporate world. I've not given up completely on the God job thing though if this isn't the one, maybe something else. My goal is to get me a God job, or a scrap job. Scrap jobs at this point are very hard to get, very competitive, and I crumble under that kind of pressure. I think my pretty new pink flip flops may have taken away my design team debackle (is that a word) blues. Might be so over it tomorrow and able to get on with my life.

4 comments:

Carrie C said...

HUGE HUGS Jodi. (((HUGS)))

I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's hard to loose something you want so badly especially when it's at a place that you've already established relationships at. AND, it's even worse, when you lose that spot to someone that never even cared to pop in until they had something to gain. I was lucky enough to make it, but if I wouldn't have I would have been saying the same sorts of things you did. Chin up! Someone will see you and want you for the artist you already are. :)

Kathryn said...

{{{HUGS}}} to you, my friend. I can't believe how many came out of the woodwork for this contest, I have no idea who half the people are. I feel like I'm stuck in that rock and a hard place that I hate to be in.....so sorry the results weren't better for you.

We still love you and I have DW Paper now, so we can do challenges at Scrappin Time on Saturday! :)

Melinda said...

Good luck with the job process. I hope you can make whatever is supposed to work, work! :)

As far as the scrap thing goes, you rock, plain and simple. I've been doing it for years & can't stomach the whole process of trying to even submit for publication--scary--so the fact that you even put yourself out there is a real inspiration to me.

Anonymous said...

Misunderstood. You nailed it! You are a misunderstood scrapper.

So sorry you didn't move on. You know I think you are a great scrapper.

I just think you haven't found your place yet. If you are interested, Wendi Speciale is looking for designers and you might be a better fit for her.

Even if you don't end up getting a DT spot, don't be discouraged. You inspire me and I know you inspire others.