Friday, September 23, 2005

One Phone Call......

Can change your plans rather quickly. It was Ron's job to decide on dinner this evening. It's friday, and I have to do it throughout the week for Perry and I, so a girl needs a break. So we head to Golden Corral, not my first choice as buffets can sometimes be icky to me. But I enjoy it nonetheless. Ron sits down to begin eating his bourbon chicken, and his phone vibrates. He answers as if the person on the other end can't hear him......"Hello.....what's that.....yeah...." imagine a resturant full of people and him yelling into the phone. This is a person who HATES to draw attention to himself, so it didn't last long. Quickly says lemme go outside and call you back. He gets up and says to me, looks like I'm heading to Louisianna.........and then he leaves. So I sit replaying all the weekend plans we have that I will now either not do, or go it alone. I am a tough women it definately takes more than my husband leaving for and extended period of time to rattle me. But now we head into the "military BS=chaos" bunch of idiot men trying to plan a road trip is what it boils down to. And doing it quickly. My computer room will look like a small army blew up, probably even after he leaves. And now when Perry is off the hook crazy hyper at home and at school. I'll be fine, really I'll be fine. It ain't like it'll be 6 months or some crazy nonsense like that. God kind of made me feel like one of us would be going, kind of had a feeling it wasn't me. Someday my day will come, but probably not until Perry is much older. I'll wait. Send up some words, that I don't lose my mind and Ron is safe from thugs, and disease. And that tragedy effects him in a way that's life changing in a positive way.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Right there with you, girlfriend.

Not ready at all. Not mentally or physically prepared for this.

Definitely not prepared for the 3 weeks that will follow our 30 days thanks to Brian needing to go to some stupid school thing 10/26.

I'm in need of a caffeine IV.