Sunday, September 11, 2005

REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!


It's all rather silly for me to get bent out of shape over not getting a design team position, I am human however. Then at church this morning the message was basically, What is your God given dream? Well it sure ain't to be on a design team somewhere on the world wide web. Not at all, sure that'd be fun, but I can't say that it is my dream. Certainly not my God given dream anyways. For some that is the case, they live and breath making layouts to showcase for the world to see, and to keep up with the trends so they can get published. Nope, not what I think about every given moment, so maybe it was a God thing I didn't make it so that someone who has that dream can have that. So what is it, that fuels my fire? What do I think about most often? What is my God given dream? Pretty much what my churches mission statement is. To love the city of Cincinnati, or Fairfield, into a relationship with Jesus Christ. That people is really who I am. So those of you who don't know me from some other state, country or hee hee planet, may think that means I'm some crazy Jesus freak, yellin at folks to "TURN OR BURN", not so at all. It's all about how you live and who you are. To represent God in a way that makes people question, "why is she so happy." or "why does she appear to have it all together?" Or why is she involved in Alpha? Or why is she always talking about NOT gossiping? Or why does she listen to that music? Or why is she buying me lunch, or giving me something she's made. Or spending time with me, or listening to me. It's just who I am, and it's what I was made for. So my God dream is to have a God job, whether I actually get paid for it is another story. Might just be volunteer. Or it may not be now but someday when I am a missionary in a foreign land. I keep praying....God knows my heart.

Verse of the week:
"I am like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever I do prospers." Psalm 1:3

It's September 11th...on the way home from church we saw a street lined with American flags in rememberance. We drove down, and I thought about that day, and all the lives that were lost. Seems like so much more could happen today to remember. Should be some sort of memorial type holiday.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Jodi, I have always been impressed with your deep desire to reach the lost. Your drive toward missionary work, your work with Alpha... your heart seeks out the people a lot of others just overlook. I don't know if you heard about the PT Alpha position as of yet. But until you do, remember that God has you at your job for a reason and you are reaching the people in your company for Christ until it's your turn to move on to something else.

You rock. Love you :-)

Stacie said...

P.S. That first comment from "Anonymous"? Is spam. I was getting a bunch of those over the last few weeks. I had to set up the word confirmation option on my comments to keep them out. Sometimes? People suck. But I supposed Jesus loves spammers :-) So I'll watch my mouth.

Anonymous said...

Jodi, you are amazing. You are so wise. What an great witness you are to others. Your light shines, girl. And, it shines brightly.

I'll keep sending up words for you. Cause, I know you will be doing the same for me!