Saturday, April 09, 2005

EXCELLENT


E is for Excellent! Posted by Hello

Lots of excellent things to talk about just from today. First of all this picture, that my brother found in my basement, (my mom used to own this house), brought it upstairs to take home, and well forgot it. Hee Hee...so here it is. My brother Kelly in kindergarten. Wasn't he cute? His little dimples! And my mom made that shirt, painted the tiger on it and everything. I believe the tigers butt is on the back....excellent. Notice his hair over his ears? We went to a baptist school then, and I bet you my mom got a talking to about his hair, boys had to have their hair cut above their ears. I'll talk more later about more excellent things from today.

What else was excellent was the new Jars of Clay CD I hooked myself up with today. It's a must have, all cool reworked old (very old) hymns. Love it! Love Jars of Clay, although I feel like I've abandoned them and missed a lot. Their second album wasn't the greatest, I gave up on them after that, and now sampling some of their stuff on amazon, I feel kind of bad, and feel like I need to catch up. Martin Smith from Delirious sings on one of the songs, as does Sarah Kelly. Love her cool raspy voice. Nothing like some cool Jesus jams to keep you on track!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Hmmm...E's...E is for

Elephant I find them to be one of the coolest animals on the planet. They have a social system that resembles families and they grieve when a member of their family dies. So big and yet so sentimental.

Stacie said...

"E" for Evanescence. The band. I like their "I'm yelling because I'm so pissed off" sound. And? Because originally I thought they were called "Effervencence", which means:

intr.v. ef·fer·vesced, ef·fer·vesc·ing, ef·fer·vesc·es

1. To emit small bubbles of gas, as a carbonated or fermenting liquid.
2. To escape from a liquid as bubbles; bubble up.


And that seemed a very silly name for a band. Especially a band that does a lot of yelling and such.