Tuesday, April 05, 2005

D is for.........DREADLOCKS!
oh my that kind of makes me laugh. I say dreadlocks because, I just got a few new CD's, I am on a CD buying frenzy. But one of them was the John Butler Trio, and the lead singer has dreadlocks. Very cool. I had a friend in college that I worked with at Kings Island, Buffy, she had dreadlocks. Her dreadlocks were good and dready (is that a word), around the time I got married. She came to the wedding. My super conservative family didn't know what to think. One of my Aunts said...."who was the girl with the cocoons in her hair?" Ha Ha....

Disciple: Dave gave a good message on being a disciple this weekend. Something from the message that stuck out for me was how when you are really going through some stuff, and God just seems so distant. Like you know he's there, but he's not all up in the business like you gotta look hard for him. It's like he don't wanna make it easy, he wants you to pursue him, he wants you to seek him out. Sometimes don't you wish it was just freakin EASY? You're like ok this sucks, um God where are you? You see him, like very distant, like a shadowy figure....ok it's coming to me now. He desires for you to come to him a little closer, and then that is when he won't seem so shadowy, but very clear. I think that made sense, it just came to me as I was typing. I guess that's what makes a disciple? Some one who seeks to see God clearly.

Discipline: Much like the word disciple in looks only. Ah yes the dreaded discipline, nasty word. Especially when you have a kid who doesn't respond to it. He's not too terribly bad, but in a group setting like cub scouts it's insane. Granted he's not been on any meds the past 2 days, because we ran out, and the doctor was out, plus we changed his meds. So he's been off the hook. I don't even want to know what's going on at school. The only one I've heard from was his reading teacher who has him literally for an hour each day, so you know he's off the hook if she's communicating with me that he's out of control. Just like the book Driven to Distraction, being ADD is like being driven by a motor that never stops. Or it's like a gift that's really hard to open. The hard to open part is no joke. Perry is so hard to figure out, he's so inconsistent. One minute he's present and with you and you can converse with him and ask questions, the next minute he's bouncing off the wall and you can't even talk to him. Soooo frustrating. I pray that God allows us to open this gift, and that he's able to control his gift to use it to his advantage. God is quite distant in this stuff that's for sure.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Wow, the Perry thing is rough. All I can think to tell you is this. God made Perry. And God is good. All the time. Again, God put you in charge of Perry, and God knows what He's doing. Also? I'm pretty sure God isn't sitting up there laughing at you. So know that God must think you're quite the something if He put you in charge of Perry. Man... You apparently ROCK! :-) I'm praying for you, sister.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I've had my own rough patches lately & I was just thinking: Do you think God feels distant during troubled times because *instead* of seeking Him out, we focus on trying to solve the problem ourselves or maybe we just dwell on how bad it is. Anyway could it be that He stays put but it's *us* who get further away & He just waits for us to be ready to return to Him? Just a thought...

Oh & odd that you mention "dreds" & "cds" in the same sentence. I am just in love with the new Kenny Chesney cd & one of my favorite songs on it, "She's From Boston", has a line it: She wears a Red Sox Cap to hide her baby dreds. Just an interesting coincidence that you should mention it.