Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th....

Since we've been viewing fireworks for many years on the 3rd, the 4th is never all that exciting for us. Just a day off really. We went to the Aquatic Center last night with Cyndi and Ben, David and his dad Mark were there as well along with 100's of other people. It was quite crowded but a great spot to view the fireworks. Probably the second best we've experienced. The best by far was at Harbin Park, which is where the set them off from, that year we were right under the fireworks, very cool. This year we were a few miles away but up on a hill. Something about swimming that relaxes you. Except when you got on an old ass (or should I say ASS SHOWING) swim suit, which you knew was getting kind of thin but you didn't think you were exposing anything. I've had this suit for 5 years I love how it fits, and I feel comfortable in it, until I find out, it's so thin in the back you can see my butt crack.....apparently clear as day. Ron was sure to point that out last night as I'm walking towards the pool, he says holy cow you can see you butt. I can't really see my back, so how the heck would I know? I just wore my suit in front of him Memorial day weekend. Guess he didn't notice my backside. Not only that but I've worn that suit to Cub Scout camp 2 years in a row. So I said to Cyndi, you didn't notice that you could see my butt through my suit? She said "I thought you knew...." Bahahahahaha.....Ok to Cyndi's credit she's only known me for a little over a year, so for all she knows I'm somewhat of an exhibition's....or I'm French! So needless to say the tightwad of man who's got a tight reign on our finances let me purchase a swim suit. Same brand, same style different color, so all is well and it's one size smaller than the last one....woohooo....

5 comments:

Heather said...

OH Jodi! That's so funny! 12 years or so ago, I went to Glennwood Springs, CO with some girlfriends and they said, "Why do you have a thin seam where your crack is?" WHA...???? WHY? Gee --- it's the trend!! LOL! That's for telling me!! ;)

Anonymous said...

OMG! I am cracking up over here! Ummmm...that is NOT cool. Hopefully, it just got that thin this year.

I need a new suit. I am going to check out Lands End...they have this cool thing on their website where you can input your measurements and it will show you what the suit will look like on someone with your figure and it tells you what size to buy.

We went to the Blue Ash fireworks again this year. They were awesome.

P.S. This is one of my all time favorite songs and definitely my favorite Jars of Clay song. Don't change it!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just realized I said I was "cracking" up. No pun was intended, but now I am crying I am laughing so hard. Plus, now my boobs are leaking. (An unfortunate thing that happens to me when I laugh really hard about something.)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I guess that was TMI. Sorry, but it is one o'clock in the morning and I am pretty sleepy. I guess I need to just go to bed, eh?

Kathryn said...

LOL, Connie!!! ;) I remember those days of leaking ta-ta's.....hope you got some much needed rest! :)