Saturday, December 03, 2005

LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!!

Apparently all sorts of folks are begging for your attention around the holiday season. I being all about the boundries, and not putting too much on my plate try very hard to avoid doing too much but even when you limit you activities things get a bit overwhelming. Suddenly I am very behind on EVERYTHING! I have 3.....out of 80 Christmas cards done. Not even started my christmas letter, have sent no invites to the annual to-do thats in 2 weeks, and I still need to finish purchasing parts of my fancy outfit for a formal I am going to next weekend. CAN I GET A LIFE ASSISTANT PLEASE? And then my sister in law had to have a baby last year in December so add a baby's first birthday to the mix and you have holiday madness! Oh and christmas shopping, don't go there.

I did purchse P a super cool old school big wheel for christmas, that is in my husbands trunk....which I forgot so when we were shopping for the baby's present, and we go to put it in the trunk with P standing right there....trunk lid went up and quickly came back down....very funny! I think he saw but might forget cause he didn't get a good look at it, and he's not expecting it.

Things seem to be looking up on the ADD front. We unloaded the "insensitive, this is just my job what kind of drugs do you need" psychiatrist, and we saw our family physician, what a breath of fresh air, Dr. Lichter rocks, when I voiced my concern about Concerta and if it's working when it needs to he went so far as to get out the ginormous book of drugs to show me what it does and how it does it. It had cool graphs and everything. Love that he sensed that I was an intelligent person who would get that kind of stuff. I totally got it and feel much better about Conceta and it's effectiveness the goal is to medicate P as little as possible to get the most focus factor, and not take away his personality. So far we are getting there. First appointment with Childrens is tuesday, looking forward to them figuring out why he is the way he is, so that we can effectively treat him so that he can function better at school, or they just need to figure out how to teach him in away he can learn best. I think the latter is what needs to happen, since Perry is Perry and I don't want to change that. Nuff said. Off to the birthday party!

No comments: