Saturday, December 24, 2005

Jesus is the Reason for Life....

So little to blog about so much time, strike that reverse it. Still running this marathon called the Christmas season. I remain behind this year. All I know is that my non-helpful husband better pull himself together, not complain and just be helpful tomorrow. Lots of stuff to do before we head out to Indiana to celebrate with family. I decided since I am lame, and have no gifts for my relatives, they always get gifts for Perry and often for us, just a little something, usually less than $10, but for some reason I forget that I am now a grown up and am suppose to participate in the gift giving. My immediate family, and close friends whom I buy for every year, I do fine, and I don't forget, everyone else, I'll get a gift and be like "ah dag....had I known"......DUH! So this year I will cook, I'll take a side dish and a desert and call it my gift. Not to mention the 2 bottles of wine I am taking to show some love. Except I'm not sure I've ever seen these relatives drink wine. Ahhhh come on cousins we're grown ups lets have a little wine and be respectable. Which brings me to one of many topics I'd like to discuss at this wee hour in the morning.

WINE: I've just discovered how nice wine can be. You find something you like have a few glasses with your friends, it's really quite appealing. There's just something about it. Sure I am a fine Christian women, who puts Christ first in her life and make great strides to make sure that is apparent. So why should an occasional glass of wine a few times a year be so controversial? You get the looks, and the comments like no Christian should be drinking at all. Ok um why not? You get nuts like my father who call a nice bottle of wine BOOZE....simmer down old man, it's chardonnay not moonshine. The bible clearly says do not be DRUNK with wine but be filled with the Holy Spirit. So 1 or 2 glass I am not drunk, even 6 still not drunk, my lips may be a bit numb, but I'm not what I would call drunk. Now if you know you clearly have a drinking problem or you know that it could become an issue than no an occasional glass of wine is not ok, because you know that's not all it will be. If you know you can't just drink a few beers and be done, then no it's not ok. Drinking strictly to numb whatever problems you aren't willing to deal with in life, nope that's not ok. So funny thing happened while discussing alcohol at church this evening. Ha! I was discussing wine and taking it to Christmas eve with the fam, along with a brief discussion on Appletini's with Cyndi before the play this evening. And a very nice lady sitting in front of us heard us, and her ears perked up, and she added what other "tini's" are good. Was sure to add, that she wasn't much of a drinker but a glass of wine or 2 is quite nice. Nothing like some alcohol advice while at church.......only at the Vineyard. Hopefully she found it to be a safe place after that discussion since I don't think she had ever been to our church before as she was filling out a "connect card".

CHURCH: Ok so apparently church not happening on Christmas Sunday is rather controversial. Who knew. I am so dang easy going, I didn't give it another thought. I respected the fact that VCC was choosing not to have church on Sunday. I'm sure a great deal of thought went into their reasons why. Besides Jesus isn't only the reason for the season he's the reason for everyday and every Sunday. And if folks are so hell bent (funny hell bent) on going to church on Sunday then go to another church, we all worship the same God! Selfish me, welcomes not adding church to the mix of the already way too busy and stressful day. I guess all this nonsense must be in the paper and on the news, I've not seen either so I am drawing my own conclusions. So for a good laugh check out what was going on in my life this time last year.

No comments: