Sunday, December 18, 2005

Upwards...

Basketball that is. Ok so my son's not skilled as an athlete. But for this program you don't have to be. They are encouraged to memorize scripture for each practice. They were given a CD and each weeks scripture is put to song so they can get the verse down. Music.....now that he can do. Put something to song, he'll get it after hearing it once and sing it for days. So Mr. P-man, may not be able to dribble a ball, but ask him what Act 17:24 is and he'll give you the 411!
"The God who made the world, and all things in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and all things in it and does not live in temples built by hand." This is good stuff, I am a huge advocate of scripture memorizing. I don't do it as well as I once did, but hiding God's word in your heart is something that will stick with you forever.

Got my wrap on today. I get together each year with my peeps from church and do wrap it up at Tri County mall. 2 hours I connect with strangers over a counter while I wrap their gifts, ummmmm for free. Big fun. Best was the two little hispanic teenagers who were all giggly and embarrassed. One was 11 and the other 13. Giggling and talking in spanish to each other and asking me questions in english. The younger of the two, was impressed we did this for free, and she was curious as to why. When I said "to show Gods love in a practical way." it was like a little light went on and she was rather excited about it. She said she'd like to do that too. So so cute! Whenever I do wrap it up, I'm always afraid of the women whose going to be particular about how things are wrapped. And sure enough I got one of those this time. She was helping me and giving me instructions on how to wrap. Hey whose the professional here. LOL....she was helpful, but even in wrapping gifts I'm a women controled by chaos, don't mess with that. I promise you your gift will be completely covered with paper and tape when I am done and your gift recipient will not be able to tell what it is. Isn't that the goal really? To me pretty is optional. My sister in law filled in with her friends for folks in my group who couldn't make it, they had a blast, and plan to join us again next year. Ok the countdown continues and MY CARDS AREN'T MAILED YET......Be patient people. It's amazing to me what few cards you get until your's actually go out in the mail.

No comments: