Friday, July 27, 2007

Sometimes.....

God just shows up. Even if it's from a far away country. 3 weeks ago, I met up with a friend very briefly while walking into church. She was my apprentice leader for a small group years ago. One of those friends you can go without seeing or talking to for months and when we see each other it's like we talk to each other everyday. We completely understand each other....I love that kind of connection. This particular morning she was a bit frazzled. She has 3 boys under the age of 5, the youngest being just a year old, so she was at the end of her rope, and responded with my typical Sunday morning greeting "Hey, how's it going?" As she's holding her youngest she responds with......"I'm not sure I'm fit to be a parent....I should have moved to New York and became a ballerina!" You have to understand she makes being a mom look amazingly easy. She's always so organized and keeps her boys on a strict schedule. She has her moments like we all do, this being one of those moment I believe. Not only is she a great mom, she's is an amazing servant of God, it comes so natural to her, it's just who she is and it's part of how she lives her life. So I said something positive, and we parted ways off to our perspective seats in the Sunday worship service. Fast forward just one week later, I get an e-mail that they are the host family for Asubuhi, so not only was that saying to her she's a fit mother, but she's so fit he's giving her another kid for a short period of time, one with a health problem and one who doesn't speak English. It was such a blessing to hear this story, caused a whole lot of cube crying. Shout out to Cyndi for hooking up Asubuhi with a blanket with his name on it to treasure all the way back to Tanzania in October. And thanks for the article link too.
*I purposely didn't share my friends name since it's not in the article and I don't want the paparazzi showing up at her house. It's hard knowing celebrities, you have to be careful.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Man! You are just being a part of lots of great, great things!!

Anonymous said...

I have read/seen some touching stories about organizations who bring children to the US from other countries for medical treatment and those who foster those kids...what wonderful people all around! I'm not sure how I would ever say goodbye to a little one as I'm SURE it would tug on the old heart strings more than I could stand! Your friend deserves a big HUG--give her one for me!