Thursday, July 26, 2007

Big, Big God!

Haven't been feeling great past few days. Blech......2 words, ORGANIC CORN, try it at your own risk. I'm just saying.
Cincykids is this week. And wow what a difference in Perry from last year to this year as far as comprehension of what's going on. He LOVES it. Again the interactive prayer rooms are so special and touching to him, as he places his little feet on Madagascar and promises to pray for that country each day. As he places his little hand on Jos, Nigeria and prays for the people who live there, who don't have clean water, and for the team from our very church who will go there to help them get clean water. As he traces his foot on a banner that will hang in an orphanage in Nigeria, and writes I will pray for Jos, and Mommy writes "I will pray for you each time I brush my teeth."
As he sings "Lord let me shine, shine like the moonA reflection of you in all that I doLord let me be a light for your truthLight of the world, I wanna be used to shine for you." I truly believe he means every word.
For the next week I am going to be praying through this scripture because Kande asked us to...and also because it's a really good thing to do, maybe the 4 people who read my blog can do the same. Cut and paste and print it off and put it somewhere, to remind you of what a big God we get to serve!
"For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way. "Ephesians 1:15-23 (NIV)
I am praying this scripture for the folks in Nigeria we will be serving and for the folks in my life who don't yet know how big this God is or who just need to draw closer to him. Or desire to grow stronger in their faith, whatever that looks like.

No comments: