Monday, August 28, 2006

Life Update.....

I've been a bad blogger. Terribly sorry. So it's almost 1 am on a Sunday night, what better time than the present to update my blog. The IEP meeting went really well. I was pleased with what we came up with. Initially I would have said the meeting was chaos. But generally that's what it seems when folks are brainstorming ideas. It should be called a brainstorming IEP meeting. It seems everyone has Perrys best interest in mind. They seem more serious about his situation than they have in the past. Maybe it's the addition of the LD diagnoses or maybe it's because he's now so far behind they are deciding to take a closer look. They are going to work with him on his expressive and receptive language, thank goodness, so hard to get him to talk sometimes, hopefully they can work on him expressing himself. Although Ron's not all that outspoken so it may be genetics, but I don't want him to be that shy to where he can't speak up for himself. So hopefully they can help with that. They are also adding OT, I think they got him into that because of his issues with the firedrills....some auditory issues. I may have Mrs. Landeen to thank for that or the psychologist, either way it's good to be getting services for the P-man.

Ashton and I had a blast playing in the rain this afternoon. Haven't done that in forever. We jumped in puddles and got soaking wet....fun fun fun!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so glad things went well at his IEP -- Keep pluggin'! Remember, you can call a meeting at ANY time for whatever reason!! It's your right!!

Cyndi said...

YEA! I knew this would be a great year for Perry! Congratulations!