Saturday, July 23, 2005

Music Madness

I am having fun with this video thing. This is now Five for Fighting. A band I just discovered although they've been around for a while. This song I had heard before, but when I became more obsessed with them I gave it a good listen. I guess the message I get from it is "it's not easy to be me." He's got that right. I could get really deep and phylisophical right about here, I have all these words in my head that I'd like to put down, but I think once they came out and through my fingers, it would sound like a bunch of nonsense. So instead I will go shopping. See I told you.....not easy to be me. How about you blog lurkers, leave me something meaningful in the comments, and tell me what I should have said right about there. Ha...this could be good either you will ignore me and decide I'm crazy, or I'll get lots of messages. Love you crazy lurkers....I think blog lurkers should be called blurkers......I think it should be a thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my friend!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your video...great song...

Got caught up on your blog...wow...lots of writing you've been doin'

Have a great weekend...

Melinda said...

"Blurkers"...I think you're on to something here!

I think this song addresses the internal struggle a person has especially when they either come to terms with mortality or when they recognize their own mortality via the loss of someone/something important to them.

It's an admission that although you may sometimes feel like you'll go on forever, you need to be conscious of the fact that you won't so you should live in the moment and try not to get too hung up on the fact that you aren't a super hero.

And, it's obviously written on one of those days when you wish you WERE a superhero or you could do more or stop something from happening.

Lots of those in NYC identified with this song post 9/11.