Monday, July 11, 2005

Grace is enough

Wow....did I get shalanged or what? CHURCH....ok if you are a regular blog reader, you know I love my church. Even when I'm not involved and feel a bit disconnected, I still love my church. I'm just taking the summer for some church downtime, and kicking it with Perry it all balances out once fall comes, theres school and me involved in church stuff.

Anyways....shalanged remember? So I did a little unnessasary gossiping last week at work. Thought it was bad when I did it, and Andy was sure to tell me so this week at church. What's up with that. Dag I know I was wrong but does God gotta be so freakin loud about it? Obviously the message was on gossip this week. I knew this last week but apparently forgot so that I could be a prime example of what not to do.

Ok that was for me, now for the rest of you. SHUT THE HELL UP. It does no one any good to talk about folks. Serously is what you're saying important and pleasing to God, if not.....what I said previously. So funny, my best friend who still attends the church I grew up in, skipped church this morning but apparently read the Vineyards message a couple days ago on the website. And I was on the phone with her just after church saying something unnessary....Satan is quite amazing do not underestimate the power of the evil one......I stopped, and scream....what? Was I deaf? And she said ah dag, the vineyards message was on gossiping and I actually read about it a few days ago. HELLO.....So I said we are so done, no more! So even today we swam all day, and on more than one occasion I had some unnessesary talk in my head that I so wanted to unload.....and TADA...did not....so back up off me Satan, um Jesus is in control and you aren't as powerful as you think you are! See message here. The first song Robbie sings is "Your Grace is Enough." So true!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi, I didn't go to church this weekend but I heard all about it. My friend Amy said that is was very convicting and that it was about me and her. She started telling me about Andy's message and then wouldn't you know it, we started to justify gossiping. But then we realized that was just satan. Anyway, see you at church on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

WOW. That's all I gotta say. WOW. I needed to read this. You are 100% right.

It does no one any good...not you, not me, not the person we are "discussing". You are so right, my friend. We need to just stop.

Okay, I hereby solemnly swear to try my absolute best to avoid any form of gossip...with you, at work, with my sister. I'm gonna need your help, though. Slap my hand if I start up tomorrow night, okay?