Thursday, July 07, 2005

All Grown up!

Marcie's in town! Load up the kids head out to the farm for a visit. I love this time of year. Makes me oh so thankful for my uneventful teenage years. I was part of Marcie's very first Student Venture bible study 20 YEARS AGO! Marcie is always happy to see me as I am always happy to see her. She's always made me feel so important. I mean I know I am important to someone. But Marcie seemed to always believe and that I was special and she always made me feel like I was special, unique and wonderfully made. She and Salt work with Heres Life ministry in CO, I hope all those teenagers and leaders they work with know how lucky they are! Once we got Marcie trained she headed out to Anderson and Nicole was in one of her first bible studies there. She got to know Layni because I'd drag Layni to all the Student Venture gigs. One of the many memories I have from those years is my senior year on my birthday Layni, Abby and I went and TP'd my friends house for fun. Well in those days if you house got TP'd that meant you were cool. So this friend thought she was cool until she found out it was "just us", then she was rather mad. And she was my best friend in High School. She didn't speak to me for like a year. And I'll never forget how upset I was. Marcie met me at McDonalds one day after school, and she told me, "Jodi, you don't need to worry about anyone else but yourself." For some reason those words right there was a life changing moment. No one had ever said that to me. I suddenly felt empowered. There was a little something that clicked inside me that day.

No comments: