Sunday, August 22, 2004

Another Fun Weekend

Ok so the past few weekends I've not spent with my family. But I see them all the time! I am getting quite a bit of Jodi time, but I like to maintain a good balance. Keeps me sane ya know! This weekend is almost over, and this coming week school start and so does Alpha! Busy busy....but I tried to keep it not so busy this summer because I know how hectic fall and winter can be, and summer is for resting and resting I did. Got to hang out with the Alpha leaders on Saturday for some training, you just can't get enough training in listening skills, it's always good to refresh, someday I will get it completely. The consensus was we are learning to listen to people we don't know very well, however we don't do so good when it comes to our husbands. We tend to want to "fix it" immediately before we've heard everything they have to say. Hummm....maybe I should work on that huh? It's amazing though how more interesting people are when you really listen to what they have to say. Can't wait for another Alpha, strangers are so dang interesting. Ecspecially when they come hungry to know the truth, and willing to explore and ask crazy questions!

No comments: