Sunday, July 25, 2004

Life.....

Ok so I've been debating all evening.  Where exactly do I want to go with this blog thing?  Do I wait and post about my day after I finish a scrapbook page so I can post something?  Do I talk about church?  Does anyone even give a rip about my life, I mean honestly what am I doing with a blog.  I'm just getting over strep throat, and am having issues with my self image, feels a whole lot like PMS, but it's not really.  Not sure what it is?  Guess I'm just having one of those, "feel like hating everyone days."  I am sure everyone has those kind of days, they just don't write about it in a blog huh?  Well I finally put away my organized scrapbook paper, with hopes I would scrap a page, hey it's early it could still happen.  I feel the need to finish this scrappin project I started for church in March actually, only a few pages left to go, then I will feel more free to work on my own stuff. 
   Tim Urmston spoke today at church.  He's awesome!  He's over the ministry I work with at my church (www.cincyvineyard.com) the ministry is Alpha (www.alphacourse.org).  Tim spoke on Galatians 5.  What a great message.  So often when folks know you are a Christian, and trust me I make no attempts to hide my faith.  There are huge expectations that you should live a certain way.  Suddenly your life is under a microscope.  People make comments all the time, "is that how a Christian should act?"  With emphasis put on the word Christian.  Or a true Christian wouldn't say or do something like that.  Not realizing I too am a human being who lives in this world that makes it extremely hard to be a Christian.  I wake up everyday fully intending to serve God and be the person he intended me to be.  Everyday I do something screwy that makes me fall short of reaching that goal.  Does that mean I just give up?  Nope, it means I just keep waking up everyday intending to live out my purpose the way God intended it. 
     So lesson learned today?  Ok so I am (would like to say, "used to be") one of those people who if I see someone I know out somewhere and don't feel like talking to anyone.  I'll have that clueless look on my face, and pretend I don't see them, in hopes they don't notice me.  99% of the time it works.  However, I sure hate it when it's done to me!  Today while at the grocery, I saw 2 people I knew, both had the "clueless please don't notice me look."  I thought to myself "oh hell naw! that did not just happen to me." So my decision today was next time I just say "hi! so and so" and keep walking.  I should be bold and friendly, right?  What have I got to lose, except my dignity, because they'll probably be like, "who was that anyways?" Ha Ha!
Excerpt from the Message:
Galatians 5:16-18
"My counsel is this: Live freely, animated and motivated by God's spirit.  Then you won't feed the compulsions of selfishness.  For there is a root of sinful self-interest in us that is at odds with a free spirit, just as the free spirit is incompatible with selfishness.   These two ways of life are antithetical, so that you cannot live at times one way and at times another way according to how you feel on any given day.  Why don't you choose to be led by the spirit and so escape the erratic compulsions of a law-dominated existence?" 
Man that totally Rocks!  Theres what I decided to do with my Blog....not bad huh?


No comments: