Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Whoa it's been a while.

Christmas took over my life and I've not blogged in sometime now. The cat vest story was funny enough to sustain my addoring fans for sometime though. The vest was a big hit and not as dreadful as the story made it sound. I did get my shoes. And there is a lovely story behind that adventure. First off a brief run down of the holiday events. God decided to dump an outrageous amount of snow on us a few days before christmas. Probably all the crazy's praying for a White Christmas, be careful what you pray for. Most everyone was stranded in their homes on Thursday because of the 16" of snow on the ground. Many folks were without electricity. Not us, thank God! So since the snow was dumped on Wednesday I didn't make it to the Christmas play at Church, considering it took me 2 hours to get to my hair appointment, trying to make it to church for the play was not a good idea. It ended up being cancelled anyways. That just started the dominoe effect of things that happen to mess up tradition. We usually go to my cousins in Indiana, well they don't believe in snow plows in Indiana so four wheeling through the back roads of Indiana and getting stranded in the middle of nowhere didn't sound fun. So we ventured out and went to the Movies instead, (not a tradition) Polar Express in IMAX 3D very cool! We then came home and had appetizers for dinner, another non-tradition but fun anyways. Perry went to bed with no arguement so he could quickly sleep to greet his presents from Santa in the AM. Ron and I exchanged gifts finally a tradition happens, we always exchange gifts to each other on Christmas eve after Perry goes to bed. His packages were low in numbers since Mr. Last Minute didn't anticipate the snowstorm, and expected me to finish his christmas shopping to myself for him when I ran around early on Christmas eve. Didn't happen! I did however receive Kitchen aid pots and pans.....woooohooo! They have the non-stick surface and the cushion handles. Lucky Lucky me! And even cooler they are red! I got a cookbook and My Fair Lady on DVD also.

Finally on Christmas day a few traditions began to happen. Had to wake Perry up so we could get an early start. Crazy, what kid doesn't have their internal clock set for 5 am on Christmas morning?? We always did. He was delighted with his parade of toys and none too pleased with the gift of clothing from Santa. "I didn't ask for clothes, those are stupid, why would he give me clothes???" Rotten kid, the even more Rotten Nephew Zack was just as displeased with the clothing he received from Grandpa, both boys flung their clothes to the floor in protest. So we didn't thaw the Turkey for Christmas day, and couldn't find a decent ham, so my brother resorted to Holiday Hamburgers! What??? Yep, Holiday Hamburgers, that he burned. MERRY CHRISTMAS....ha ha ha.....We did have a wonderful Christmas Breakfast which we always look forward to. So all was not lost. And we had Jodi's Potatoes and Pumpkin Crunch, so it was all good. We'll be skipping the burgers next year. This was the second year not going to Grandmas (Ron's) and it still stinks. Theres just something about going to Grandma's on Christmas that just seems so right. But dysfunctional family issues keep us from going. We did however make it to Geegaw Migrages house the day after. In regular people language that would be Grandma Mugrage, which is my best friend Abby's parents house. Love going there because theres always a ton of kids running crazy and Perry just falls right into the mix. Then you just hang out chat, and play a board game usually. Didn't have to miss the Vineyard play completely, they did it on Sunday during church so I wasn't completely disappointed.


No comments: