Saturday, November 13, 2004

Holiday Madness!

Blessed to be a blessing. Thank goodness for WAKW, or I'd be a mess! My mother decided to invite a few hispanic gentlemen to my house for Thanksgiving. This would not be a problem had she ASKED! Instead she just tells me I am bringing Alajandro Lopez to thanksgiving.......that was day one. Next day it's Jose. Theres many days till thanksgiving, and I already need a translator. I am totally fine with sharing my home with people who wouldn't normally celebrate Thanksgiving in their homeland, they should take part in the american tradition afterall they are in america. But if you know my husband, he's VERY shy, and normally isn't a fan of strangers of any kind let alone ones who speak little english, and are in his home. I thought of many ways to present this to him so I waited till he was in his element, working on his trains. It's very important to talk to someone when they are most comfortable. So at first he had a few choice words for my mother, many of which started and ended with the word CRAZY. But anytime Ron is put into an uncomfortable position he usually stands his ground and doesn't back down. This time which is clearly an HG hook up, he became ok with the situation, only aware of hispanic gentleman number 1. He wasn't tense, or freaking out continuously like he normally does when placed in situations beyond his control.

See the thing is I go to the Vineyard, and they pretty much started the whole idea of Servant Evangelism , so having been going there for over 15 years, it should just come natural for me to serve others right? I will say it is easier, however not natural. I think it has a lot to do with how you are wired, and who influences you the most. Which would be my husband. After 13 years you begin to take on some of their little quirks that make them who they are. He wasn't raised to serve others. I wasn't either, so it's still something we have to work on everyday. He more so than I. Sometimes it does come very natural, to help someone, and not expect anything in return. Often times you'll ask someone for help at work or whatever, and you can tell they are thinking.....sure I'll help you but what will you do for me in return. I will say that never cross's my mind. I'm just being real. Do I sound like a horrible person? I am a nice person, really I am, it's just not all that easy sometimes. Sometimes you just wanna do you thing and not have to encounter other people, and be forced to be nice. Thank goodness I am a christian, and want to show God's love in a practical way or I'd be just horrible. LOL........I'm nice, really I am, it's my husband that's not nice, but we're working on that.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

¡Crap santo, usted es hysterical! Usted es agradable también. Enviaré a mi pequeña hermana encima para traducir para usted. ¡Thanksgiving Feliz! ¿Usted no me ama?