Monday, August 16, 2010

Wicked

*******POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN WICKED STOP READING************
I had quite the Whirlwind of a weekend. Friday I worked and boy was it busy! When I got off Kristi and I visited The 86 Club open house, and man that is a super cool building where great things are going to happen! We also went to the Thai Cafe beforehand so that made for a fun evening. Then I got up super early on Saturday morning had Oatmeal at First Watch, and then headed over to Stampaway, and shopped for new rubber and all things fun and creative. Hung out with Kathryn most of the day and got to hang with Connie for about an hour. Then I headed to Columbus. Abby and I had dinner at Bon Vie, where sorry mom but I had the best Beef Stroganoff I've ever eaten in my whole life. So much so, hello I'm blogging about it. After a fantastic dinner, Abby and I headed to The Ohio Theater to see Wicked. I have to say it was one of those life changing performances. If you known me for a long time you know that I am a huge fan of The Wizard of Oz. So much so for years I decorated my home in Wiz of Oz movie posters. I own a copy of the script, I just love the movie period! Hasn't there been a time where you love a movie so, and you connect with the characters so much, you wish they were your friend and you knew more about their lives. Wicked did that. Suddenly all the questions you've asked for most of your life are finally answered, and the characters are so much more real. Ever since seeing it I keep thinking about it and keep thinking "Wow, how did the writers know I needed that information to feel complete." Seriously I know I'm completely geeking out on this one, I feel complete. Ha...wierd. Not because of just the completeness of the story now but the story it told as well. Basically so many awesome messages....girl power, ugly girl wins, wicked may not just be wicked, good may not be all that good, everyone has their issues, people matter, stuff matters, and Friendship matters ALOT! So this song has been meaningful to me all weekend, and if you have stuck around long enough to read this crazy blog then this song is for you no matter who you are or how you know me.


No comments: