Monday, September 16, 2013

My Friday-Day in the Life 2013

So last week Ali Edwards was doing a week in the life.  Photography everyday moments all week long, and documenting it on her blog, she will then scrapbook those pics.  Very cool concept.  I was in no way ready to commit to a whole week but I thought it'd be fun to do for one day.  So that's what I did.  It was not a completely typical Friday, but it's a good glimpse into my life. 

Friday with The Sexton's...................................

Every successful morning starts with clothes that have been laid out the night before.  I've taught Perry this.  He's almost to the point where he doesn't need a reminder, but not quite. 
Perry's breakfast

I eat bacon almost everyday, that my awesome husband makes for me. 

On days that I work early I'll usually eat egg muffins that I just heat up when I get to work and a piece of fruit. 

This is not typical, but this day I had pumpkin chai made with almond milk, in my new spill proof coffee mug I got from target.  Usually I'll just get a cup of IKEA coffee. 

Perry got a new backpack this year.  He's got a new LL Bean backpack whenever he's transitions to a new school.  Next new backpack will be for college. 
We are fortunate that Perry's bus stop is at our driveway. 

I now have to periodically use reading glass's.  I have a notebook I keep with me at work.  This one was missing for a whole day, which completely stressed me out.  It was found on Friday and I was oh so happy. 
My job consists of a sea of cardboard on flat carts all-day everyday.  Oddly I love it. 
We had a discussion as to if we had aged over the past 4 years.  Picture being held is from my 40th birthday party 4 years ago. 
Catching up with Rick is often my favorite part of my day.  Love this guy. 
We often share our left overs.  You can see a little bit of Kristi leftovers.  I only shared my olives. 
Only junk mail today when I got home. 
We usually have pizza on Friday.  This Friday the boys weren't going to be home, so Perry and I ate leftover chili and I had some left over humus after they were gone.  Kipper thought he'd like to have some too. 

The boys sent me pictures from their campsite.  They went and played glow disc golf, and camped at Winton Woods.  I was actually kind of lonely in my quiet house.  I knew it was time to go to bed when I started to fall asleep in my recliner. 
It was fun documenting my day.  It was hard work to remember to take pictures all day long.  I couldn't do it for a whole week, I'd probably lose my mind.  It'll be fun to look back on the events of a somewhat typical Friday. 


supermomdoesn'texist said...

What a neat idea! It was fun to see a day in your life, and made me a little sad that I haven't seen you in so many days,added up to years. Glad to see that you are doing well! Hugs.

Jen said...

Hi Kipper!

Perry is so big ... but everyone must say that.

Love your new hair Jodi.