Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bacada Frittata



First Watch Bacado
my favorite oatmeal
So first watch is my favorite resturant to have breakfast at.  I always get the same thing.  I get the Cranberry Walnut Oatmeal, with a side of sausage.  Some of my friends make fun of me.  I've heard "all the yummy things First Watch has and you're gonna get Oatmeal?'  Yes, yes I am because they put magic into their Oatmeal that's why.  First Watch is famous for the Bacado omlet, it has bacon, and avocado in it, along with cheese, red peppers, onion......I've never had it at First Watch.  My bestie, Abby made it for me when I visited her in Cbus in march.  Not even sure if I would like it, but convinced if she added her magic, I'd like it.  She studied up, to make sure she got the ingredients just right.  Made the Omlet, along with sliced potatoes with onion, and it was perfect.  Thats what a good friend does. 
 
So my other bestie Weezer and I are visiting Abby in Cbus together and spending time having a girlie weekend.  Just hanging out cooking and doing girl stuff.  Abby had mentioned she wanted to make us a good yummy breakfast and I mentioned the Bacado she had made before......so the planning commensed. 
Bacada Frittata
Abby came up with what we are now calling a
Bacada Frittata....it was genius.  Ingredients to follow. 
preheat oven at 350
1 Avocado
7 Eggs
1 Cup of Monterey Jack Cheese
1 Onion diced
1 Red Pepper diced
1/2 lb of bacon
1/4 cup of Milk
1/4 cup of butter
tomato to taste
sour cream to taste
Mix up eggs, milk, and veggies.  Pour into a buttered casserole dish, mix in half the cheese.  Sprinkle crushed bacon and rest of cheese on top and bake for 55 minutes. 
Garnish with chopped tomatos, slices of avocado, and sour cream


No comments: