Monday, November 21, 2011

Diagnoses

So on thursday, October 20th, I was diagnosed with Type 2, Diabetes.  What's that mean?  No more coca cola, no more McDonalds Sweet T, less food intake, definately less sweet stuff and bread!  I've been pricking my finger and testing my sugar for a month now.  I think I got a handle on this.  I watch my carbs, and sugar, and I can keep it in the normal range. 

When I was first diagnosed it was super scary as I didn't know what it all meant.  And would have to take shots, because that I wasn't down with at all.  The doctors office told me very little. She prescibed a few meds, that's I've been taking, I read a few blogs, and the Diabetes website.  It took me about 10 days to get my blood sugar in a normal range and I've been around normal ever since.  So far no shots, lets hope I can keep it that way. 

My official follow up visit is Black Friday, we'll see then where I go from here. 

No comments: