Saturday, July 11, 2009

PSA: Attention IKEA Shoppers

Well here goes, I am going to break the #1 blogging rule. I am going to talk about my job. Lets hope I don't get "Dooced" (aka-she got fired)

This first one is to the lady who decided to pick up the display pillow's instead of getting the stuff to make the pillows. Hey Lady.....YOU CAN'T DO THAT....Do you not see that my line goes on for at least a mile, and now you have pillows that I can't sell you. Some people take this as an oppurtunity to pay it forward and say..."you know I don't really need those, I'll get them next time..." Except you didn't say that. Now you know what happens? I have to call all over the store trying to find a co-worker in that area to answer the phone, who will then give me the article numbers for the items you have, and then they will either give me the go ahead to sell the display, or you will have to wait for them to bring you the actual product.....while all the people in the line wait...and wait...and wait. So I call 3 numbers with no answer, and then resort to the manager of that area, who saves the day. She gives me the numbers I need and oddly enough was able to get someone to answer the phone, and bring the customer what she needed. Lesson learned here.....DO NOT TAKE DISPLAYS, read the signs and get the items it takes to make that fancy pillow. Co-workers in market place, answer the phone when I call this saves time and angry customers, just sayin! You've been warned don't let it happen again!
To the people, behind the lady with display pillows, sorry the 5 minute wait was too long for you, however it is not ok to leave your stuff on the belt and walk away. That's just rude! That's like placing an order in the drive-thru and driving away. Now you caused several people more work. I had to place all of your items in my go back bin, which was then full. Then some cashier had to empty that bin and take all the stuff to the go back area, and then you caused a sales co-worker to be at work a little bit longer because they then have to put all that stuff back where it came from. All of this because you couldn't wait 5 minutes! If you ain't got time, you should not come to IKEA on a saturday!
To the lovely couple who attempted to return open pillows. BIG NO NO! It was nice of you to roll them back up and shove them back into the plastic packaging, that was just impressive I ain't even mad at you for that. Please refer to the return policy on the front and the back of your reciept. We can not take back any opened bedding or pillows....those were pillows and those were opened. You look like respectable enough people, but it's clear that you could have lice. I understand you can't tell how they feel when they are rolled very tightly inside the packaging, this is why there are display model right by where you picked up those packaged pillows. I understand you can't get your head up there on that shelf to try it out, but you can get the idea from just touching it. If you can't play by the rules you should not shop at IKEA....you've been told!
Please stay tuned for more PSA's as I spend more time in the cashlanes....it's good for comic relief!

No comments: